Tribute has recently cancelled my card and stated the reason for this is they are no longer going to be in business for credit card services. Has anyone else had their cards cancelled yet?

I have never missed or been late on any payments and never over my limit, so I am confused as to why I am being cancelled and them stating they are not going to have a credit service anymore but there is no news about this anywhere. They also refuse to refund my fees they used to set up my account due to me having the 'privilege' of using it for several months. This just seems illegal to me.

Anyone with any advice on how to proceed here? Email me at rh006b@lab.icc.edu

Comments

I had to put a car repair once on their card, way before they closed it out. I paid the balance off in full, and a month later they charged me a late fee saying the payment was late.

The payment was not late because they took the money out a whole week before it was due. I had proof in my bank records. So I called and spoke with a representative to get it straightened out. They said they had no record of my payment except for a check payment for that billing month.

I told them that was my payment. They argued with me and told me it was from five months ago. So I told them I would contact my bank and say someone was cashing a 750.00 check that shouldn't of been cashed to them. I Hung up before they could answer.

So I contacted my bank, and explained the situation.

I don't know what they did, but the very next day I got a call from tribute saying that they had found my payment. The shadiest credit company ever.

I ran into problems with Tribute when I would mail my payments in and they would hold them until they could charge me a Late Fee and that would make me over my limit so they could charge an Over Limit Fee. Then I thought paying by phone would solve the problem but some months they charged $12 and others they charged $15. Total ripoff.

#201940

this is a crappy company. I"ve payed them my last penny.They said went out of busisness but u still gotta give those suckas money.They sent me new acct# but never no card.

they said it"s so they can have some thing to bill people with.

some people got cards but couldn"t use them. big crooks.

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #167368

So far I have not had my account closed and have continued to make payments greater than minimum. What's going on?

This "annual fee" thing is definitly out of control. :?

I didn't know that a card service has 5 doz.

phone numbers. and I get this voicemail on my

cell phone your warrant reponse is need

immediately. I will not talk to them unless

they ask me politely.

i too was screwed by these scam artists. I never ever paid one time late always paid extra.

and on time. and yes they sent me a new card and up my limet. so after having my new card. wham i go to use it and it was declined.

i was like what. it shouldnt be. i call them about it on the phone and they said they sent me a letter that tribute credit cards was closed and out of business. they are crooks.

and they had the balls to ask me when can you pay your balance. and i said when you pay me back the money you took from me. i will pay my balance.

then i said kiss my blank and hung up. my email is dts3349@yahoo.com

HAPPENED TO ME TOO. I AM SO GLAD I DIDN'T DO THE CREDIT SAFE.

THEY CALLED ME EVERYDAY FOR 3 MONTHS TRYING TO SELL THIS THING. I IMAGINE THEY WERE TRYING TO GET ALL THEY COULD FROM THEIR VICTIMS. WE NEED TO CONTACT THE BBB IN OUR AREAS FOR HELP.

THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WE CAN DO. FAIR LENDING ACT SHOULD BE ABLE TO HELP ALSO.

I am also going through the same thing with this company. They have sent me a new card twice charging me 70.00 dollars.

I called last week and the recording said due to my status I couldn't use the card.

So now what can I do about this situation? :( :( :( :(

well you can count me in also. I have read everyone of your complaints and the same exact thing has happened to me...So I have a question, if the are reporting our accounts as closed, then why are we still paying them???!!!!

Pomfret, Maryland, United States #81193

I had the same situation....they cancelled my old card, re-issued a new one with higher yearly fees which they charged to my account and then 30 days later...cancelled the card. I was also told that they "discontinued their credit card program" I told them I wanted my yearly fee credited back and they said they could not help with that and I would receive a letter in the mail.

They then told me to make sure I still make all my payments on time...which I had for over 2 yrs..the nerve..they can not charge you the new yearly fee and then cancel your card without refunding it...can they?

We should research how to go about a Class Action Suit on this....they can not get away with this. Anyone know who may be interested in doing so?

Is'nt there anybody intellegent enough on here to put together a lawsuit. Come on people let's take a stand. This is ***!

these jerks cancelled my card to im going to call the better business burea on them they want us to pay but don't want to give us any information about our creditcard.

Inman, South Carolina, United States #80151

krodr@msn.com I am going through the same problems with company and never missed a payment and it has help me build my credit so they better dont mess it up

I also have experienced this horrible mess!! My credit score has tumbled sice these smucks did this to me.

No notice, I pay yearly fee & Wa La they close my account for no reason 4 years of always making my payment on time & 4 times moew than my minimum due. What the heck??

Please notify me once a class action lawsuit is started. I'm in & we need to stop CROOKS like this on a consumer.

I had an Imagine card and they sent a letter saying it was sold to Tribute. Now i'm reading that Tribute won't exist anymore....

they changed my account number back in june and after several phones calls they finally sent my new card out. the day i got a new card with an increase and a letter saying they was closing the account.

why did they bother to send a new card if they was closing it. i too worked really hard to help build my credit and now what.

i too want in if there is a lawsuit. i thought they had to give you 90 days.

yeah i just attempted to get a pay off and settle and they can not give me any information other than they show that i called , tribute sucks !!! :( :( and they did say the credit card division is no more and there will be no more credit cards

Everyone please beware. No matter what Tribute tells you this will affect your credit negatively.

I just got an alert today from Credit Score Watch that my FICO score dropped 19 points. It was due to the fact that Tribute reported the account closed and while they were before reporting a $0 balance (even though I did have a balance on my card) and are now reporting the balance as the total that I owe them.

Because of this drastic change in the balance it is affecting me negatively. I have never even paid this card late and have been a loyal customer to Tribute for years and now they are screwing me over.

I suggest everyone check their credit.

You KNOW some body is making money on this!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't look for any protection from our wonderful legislators,there to busy protecting companies like this one!!!!

Please note that the credit score companies are a fraud too!!!! :(

yes they are. I got the letter after I paid 150. They are no longer in business anymore